Travel food woes
Eating clean when travelling is difficult, but not impossible. The hotel I am staying at is making me plain chicken breast and steamed vegetables for lunch. However, I had a very stressful breakfast yesterday. First of all, I love breakfast. I have to eat egg whites for breakfast with some kind of chicken or lean mean. When not dieting, like now, I also like to have a plain potato or squash. I knew it would be hard to get them to make me eggs whites here, so I asked for egg beaters .. whew! They had them! Thank goodness.
Then it got difficult ... I wanted a baked potato with the egg beaters... I brought Molly McButter from home for the potato thinking it would be easy to get room service to make a plain potato for me. So, I got up and had a good workout, thinking about breakfast .. does anyone else do that? Bribe yourself to work out early and hard, with eggs? Haha. Anyway, they had "breakfast potatoes" which I knew would be some fried crap. So I asked for boiled potatos or a baked potato .. at first they said yes and I was very happy. Then they called back and said that the chef wouldn't or couldn't do it. I was like what? Why not? Take a potato and put it in the microwave! How hard is that? I mean, is this room service or not!
Anyway, it may not sound like a big deal .. but here is my philosphical issue: So, they are saying my only option for potato is to take a potato, cut it up, boil it and then fry it? Well, that is more work than taking a potato, washing it (hopefully!) and sticking it in the microwave, which is healthier! Eeeeeerrr .... so today I had a protein bar for breakfast. Tomorrow I am going to want breakfast, but I am sure that they think I am making a big deal about it and the whole spitting-in-your-food thing .. you never know. *Sign* It just sucks when you try to eat clean and people insist on trying to cram grease down your throat.
Last night for dinner, I went out with my co-workers and holy buckets! we had the BEST fresh fish ever. Oh, and the place was beautiful ... a marble terrace overlooking the golf, we watched the sun set and then we walked back to the hotel along the beach. Super fun night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home