FitMolly.com

Bodybuilding, weightlifting, fitness, freakiness, speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves (seals, cows, dogs, cats ... sometimes trees)

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Rachel Rey - Promoter of Heart Disease

I don't watch TV very often - I usually just flip through when I am turning on a DVD, but yesterday I caught part of Rachel Rey's 30 Minute Meal show. I was mesmerized! She was making eggs and sausage, which actually COULD be healthy. In fact, Al and I eat egg WHITES with extra lean ground turkey quite often. But here is how Rachel Rey makes it.

*8 eggs (including the yokes(
*beef sausage
*several handfuls of cubed cheese

As if that's not bad enough (not a single thing mentioned about keeping this meal low-fat), she told viewers to SAVE the "drippings" from the sausage .. to cook the eggs in! Has this woman ever heard of Pam!

My god! I mean, I almost had a heart attack just watching this show. I could truely feel my arteries cringing in horror. I mean, at the very LEAST, she could have told viewers to drain the sausage and pat it dry with paper towels. She could have offered the option of EggBeaters. She could have mentioned low-fast cheese.

By noooooo ... she apparently wants more people to die of coronary heart disease (CHD) than already do in this country. Here's an artery that Rachel Rey would
probably love to read: "Heart disease rates up in younger women"

CHD is already the No. 1 killer in American of both men and women. Rachel Rey is not to blame for this, of course, but it's these little things that can begin to make a difference.

You could drive to McDonalds and buy a healthier breakfast than the one Rachel Rey made - in 30 minutes or less, no doubt. Shame on you Rachel Rey!

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Glycose Flame said...

All you need to do is get some ground chicken or turkey, spray a pan with some cooking spray, add some water and some jalapeno pepper seasoning and some of that monterey steak seasoning stuff, and voila! you have something that tastes just like breakfast sausage with a lot less fat in it. Just cook it until the water evaporates, brown it, and add eggs. No drippings to even worry about. And then add 1/8th of a cup of low-fat (i.e. part-skim) shredded cheese (50 calories)and you have a tasty breakfast with a ton of protein and very little fat.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Wow! That's hilarious! Do you know how shiny eggs cooked in grease are??? Yuck!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home