Shame on Coke
Coke is planning to release a new drink with a derivative of stevia, which is NOT FDA approved. It may very well be safe for some people, but what kind of renegade company is Coke anyway? Additionally, this raises the issue of herbal interactions:
1.) Stevia may have additive antihypertensive effects for those who take the high blood pressure drug verapamil.
2.) Stevia may also interfere with diabetes drugs - it may affect blood glucose level, so dosages may have to be adjusted.
Will there be a warning label on Coke's new drink to warn of possible herbal/drug interactions? What about the fact that pregnant women should not consume stevia?
Oh, and BTW, Coke is calling this a "diet drink," which unfortunately many people misconstrue to mean "it's good for you" and "it helps you lose weight," which are both unfounded statements. Here is the best "diet drink" ... water!
Shame on you, Coke! (And thanks Jodee for the update!)
Meantime, here are some ridiculous things that I can't believe came out of my mouth lately:
1.) Oh goody! It's going to be above zero tomorrow.
2.) I need bigger boots, I can only fit two pairs of socks with these.
3.) I'm tired today, I stayed up late making krumkake.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home