FitMolly.com

Bodybuilding, weightlifting, fitness, freakiness, speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves (seals, cows, dogs, cats ... sometimes trees)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Now I have heard it all ...

This morning I was doing my cardio at 5 a.m. and I saw this RIDICULOUS TV commercial; I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not still sleeping. Madison Tanning Company claims that tanning burns fat. Laying (or standing) in their tanning beds burns fat?! How stupid do they think people are? I mean, I have nothing against tanning businesses, it's a calculated risk. However, can you imagine people who seriously want (and need) to lose weight seeing that fraudulant claim and going tanning. It's just wrong how companies prey on people. The ad was so stupid and annoying that it helped me push up my intensity on the elipitical though, so that was able the only good thing there.

So I have been getting up at 4:35 (which is 10 minutes earlier than I got up last year for pre-contest cardio) for 4 weeks believe it or not. At first I thought that was too early, but it is just right and I don't really have to rush at all. It is just so nice to work out and watch the sun come up. Getting up early is a hard habit to get into, but you really can acclimate. You will be glad you did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home