Jr. Nationals Weekend!
It's NPC Jr Nationals in Chicago this weekend. I am so bummed I am not there. But I wish good luck to everyone who is! I wish I could be there just to cheer. It is such an awesome show! Everyone works so hard and looks AMAZING! It is truely amazing to see 300-some incredible physiques in one place. Let me tell you! Anyway, I will be there next year, and I will be bigger and better than ever!
In the meantime, I am sending all my positive thoughts to fellow figure competitor Jennifer Cowan, who recently won first place in the Illinois State figure short class. She is pro-bound for sure!
So, it's Thursday today and all the athletes either checked into the Hyatt either last night or today. We usually go on Thursday. The hotel is not cheap -- with taxes about $200 a night. Also, you can not really share a room, because you are soooo stressed and dieted that you are not exactly Miss Congeniality. Or maybe that's just me. Al will probably confirm that. Haha.
I hope that I can find results online ASAP! It's always so hard to find results for these shows. RARELY, does any media cover it, and if they do, they do some stupid generic story, where they don't know what they are talking about, and they ALWAYS mention steroids. Hard to believe that I used to work in mainstream media, huh?! Anyway, it gets old. (To anyone who says people who have muscles obviously use steroids, maybe you should get off your lazy butt and find out the truth for yourself! Oh, sorry, to be rude, it was a 'roid rage .... riiiight.)
OK, so anyway, good luck to all athletes! And if you can GO to the show, I am sure you can still get tickets, it's truely amazing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home