FitMolly.com

Bodybuilding, weightlifting, fitness, freakiness, speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves (seals, cows, dogs, cats ... sometimes trees)

Monday, April 24, 2006

2006 Wisconsin Natural Bodybuilding & Figure Championships

This weekend, we watched the 2006 Wisconsin Natural Bodybuilding & Figure Championships in Monona. Last year's show was pretty well attended, and this year was too. We got great seats (on the side, second row), so I got some great pictures. I hope to post one of Barb, after I get her permission. Well, how did she do, you ask? AWESOME! Not only did she look amazing, she had perfect poise on stage ... AND, get this, OFF stage too! A lot of competitors are fine on stage, but a wreck backstage. Barb already acts like a pro and this was only her first show! The figure category, as usual, had all types, and what they were judging on .. who knows .. such is the natural of the beast in figure ... anyway, I was so proud of Barb before the show and even moreso watching her on stage Saturday. She won fourth place in masters figure, a very competitive class.

As for other categories, there were some truely amazing physiques, such as John Wisialowski (first-place grand masters). When John walked on stage, he looked big, but he also looked WHITE, which made you wonder. But then when you saw his posing, and I am just guessing here, but it seemed that he didn't tan on purpose for the show. His style was definitely old-school classic-Arnold. He was huge!

Almost all of the women bodybuilders were masters. They were all in good condition (AKA knew how to diet). There was only one woman NOT a masters in the open llightweight, Christie Lawrence, who had a great physique. Also, in her bio, it said that she had had a double masectomy -- you couldn't tell at all. She looked amazing. And her routine was very cute (she won best poser) -- she wore cat ears and posed to the song "Black Cat."

There was only one teen competitor, and he was such a cutie -- and a totally great physique. (How come there weren't any guys like that when I was in high school?) Anyway, the kid won the mens Men’s Light Heavyweight.

In the men's heavyweight, Guillermo Pavon, who we know (well, kind of know as a fellow competitor) from Chicago-area. He looked GREAT! I wonder if he is competing on May 6th at Kevin Noble's show. If yes, whoooo, he will be ready for sure. He got second place, which made us scratch our heads, but, again, such is the nature of this kind of sport.

As a side note, I just had to say (sorry if I sound a little preachy) that this IS a sport. And crying about placings and not congratulating the winner (person who beat you) is poor sportsmanship. Also, it's one thing to be excited about a win, but be a gracious winner, especially on stage. And as someone who has come in second and third many a time, I think I can say this from experience. Anyway ... off the soap box now ...

Two more competitors I want to mention are: Anna and Ivan Zettle. They are both grand masters. And their routines were definitely crowd favorites! Just about every time you go to a bodybuilding show, you are inspired by someone and to me, this couple is what natural, amateur bodybuilding is all about. They are giving it their all to be the besst they can be. That's all that matters. I love Ivan's routine to "I ain't as good as I once was."

1 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Guillermo Pavon said...

tnks for that great coment of all i hope to see you in April in Natutal show in Madison working on beeing better than ever

Guillermo Pavon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home