FitMolly.com

Bodybuilding, weightlifting, fitness, freakiness, speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves (seals, cows, dogs, cats ... sometimes trees)

Monday, May 15, 2006

Wisconsin NPC Championships

Wow, what a show! This was the biggest Wisconsin NPC show in 15 years, which means this awesome sport is growing in the dairy state. If you missed it, great show. IFBB Pro Chuck Sanow was a judge and guest poser, which made this show cool, too, because he is definitely known as a big wig in the field. And Yvonne and Paul Edmunds definitely will be known as good promoters for future shows. They totally ran the show in a way that wasn't stressing us all out and making us stand in lines for hours (literally), etc. Also, the venue (Middleton HS performing arts auditorium) was awesome -- good lighting, sound system etc.

How did I do? Oh, yeah, I did OK! I am definitely bigger than ever, but still not to the level I hope to be. And even though I more than hit my body fat goal, it still was not low enough for bodybuilding for me. I hit about 9 percent 2 weeks ago and I was jumping for joy -- but I guess I need to be somewhere around 6-7 percent to do bodybuilding again .. which makes me wonder .. do I want to do bodybuilding again?

I think the routines are fun, but I think I will focus on figure for now. I know I can do well in that and trying to do both is just not cutting it (nice pun, huh!) for me.

Well, we shall see what the year brings. I am excited to develop a new lifting program.

I have some pictures that I will post later.

Of course, my highlight of the night was seeing Ivan and Anna -- who competed in masters and couples and open. If you read my blog, you know I am one of their biggest fans. Anyway, they performed a cool couples routine, which I hope I have a picture of ... also ... here is an interesting snipet which explains why I admire this couple so: They are farmers ... and farmers get up early to do chores, right? I am talking like 4 in the a.m. ... Well, Ivan and Anna actually get up even eariler and lift BEFORE they do their chores! That is what I call hard work and determination.

And it paid off for them. We saw Anna compete last year in Belvidere .. and then this spring we saw Anna and Ivan compete in Madison, Belvidere and Middleton .. well they looked progressively better each show. In fact, last week, Ivan had striated glutes! I kid you not.

Thanks to everyone who came to watch and cheer ... it does make it more fun when you are posing and it's not completely silent!

Also, I have met (well, online) a few other Wisconsin bodybuilders! Yay! I knew there had to be some of you out there!

By the way, I decided not to do Junior Nationals this June in Chicago. My wedding is in THREE DAYS and then we are going to Mexico where I plan to eat tacos and drink margaritas indefinitely. Hey, you only get married once! (hopefully!)

ALSO: Al told me that he would do a show next year! He did, he really did! Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home