FitMolly.com

Bodybuilding, weightlifting, fitness, freakiness, speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves (seals, cows, dogs, cats ... sometimes trees)

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Mixed Feelings

Our move is coming up faster than I can believe. I am thinking about all the things I am going to miss about Madison, which is really my hometown. Yeah, I know I complain about it all the time, but home is home, you know.

So Al and I went to fireworks at Elver Park on the 4th. It was our fifth year of going. "Our spot" is right in front, so like the fireworks are up over our heads -- I guess we like an element of danger with our fireworks; makes us feel like part of the action! It was probably one of my best nights in Madison. There was so much diversity at Elver Park, it was absolutely beautiful.

Then we went biking on the bike path through Verona ... and we FINALLY stopped at the ice cream stand in Verona! I have always wanted to do that! I had an ice cream cone and it was good. I love that bike path.

And of course, I am soooooooo much going to miss my club and my classes and my peeps at Supreme Health and Fitness. There is a sign hanging up that Al and I are moving and I can barely look at it. It's funny to say, but some of my happiest times are teaching step -- I am a step freak, let's face it. I just love to create choreography and then teach it ... and then watch people actually doing my routine .. it is like VERY COOL!!!! And I love the members at Supreme so much because they love to work out ... hard! Very awesome. OK, there are other reasons I like them too, but I can relate to them in this way.

OK, so before I start writing about how I am going to miss my dentist and the tree in our backyard and ...

I am also thinking about the future ... and how I never in a million years thought I would get to graduate school. I just didn't think that I could do it .. now I know that I should have lived by my own (and Eleanor Roosevelt's, of course) advice. We must do what we think we can not. And I thought that only applied to bodybuilding! Haha. And of course, I am lucky that now Al will be home once in a while becuase he won't have to deal with trying to find flights out of Madison. Minneapolis is colder than a mothah, but at least it has a good airport. Al also said I could do it ... but he says that I can do anything! So does that count? I am glad I married that dude.

OK, so, in one month, I will be getting ready for my first day of school! Yowza!! But what will I wear?!?! (kidding!)

On that positive note, I will sign off for now ... I hope to get to the ice cream shop in Verona ONE more time yet before we go ... and I don't even like ice cream! But something about being on a bike, all sweaty, and getting an ice cream cone in the summertime is just so quintessential; I have to do it.

My very good friend Myron sent me a message yesterday that kind of set my mind to rest, so I'll post it here, so I can find it easy if (when) I need to read it again in upcoming days:

So we will all pause to remember good times - and face the reality
Which comes in two ways:

- leaving always empties us and that is seldom easy!

- leaving makes room for new experiences!!


Myron is very wise - and I will miss him!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home