FitMolly.com

Bodybuilding, weightlifting, fitness, freakiness, speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves (seals, cows, dogs, cats ... sometimes trees)

Friday, June 13, 2008

The Last Lecture

If you haven't heard of Randy Pausch, get with the program people! (Al, yes, I am talking to you.) He is the Carnegie Mellon prof. who wrote The Last Lecture. I have been meaning to read it - I have been meaning to read a lot of books - and I finally read it. Well, sort of. I download the audiobook - and I listened to it in one day! (Not hard with nearly two hours in the car.)

Suffice to say, it's been a long time since I have read (heard) anything this good -like stuff you hear once and will do forever.

The sad part is that Randy has pancreatic cancer - one of the worst kinds. When they say only the good die young, that is no joke. He last posted on his update page on June 10, check it out. And you HAVE TO READ THE LAST LECTURE! YES I AM YELLING BUT IT IS IMPORTANT. It will make the world a better place if everyone read it and just did ONE thing that he suggests - especially his time management info.

If you don't mind sitting at you computer for 76 minutes, you could watch the youtube of his last lecture here. (You still have to read the book though - it's worth it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home